Our seasonal Youth Programs are twelve week programs offered in the spring, summer, fall, and winter.
Each season consists of 12 coached classes for ages ranging from 3-18. Registration is available online or at the front desk.
Our talented coaches guide climbers, ranging from beginner to advanced, through fundamental skills and techniques.
Our year-round Youth Programs meet twice per week and require a Momentum membership. Previous experience in one of our seasonal programs is required. Some year-round programs require a coach recommendation.
Registration happens in the gym by filling out a monthly auto-pay agreement form. Programs bill monthly on the 15th of every month.
Climbers in our year-round programs tend to excel much faster, as they are climbing at least twice as much!
Our talented coaches guide participants through fundamental skills and techniques and help to refine already acquired skills.
Pick the program that fits your child’s age:
Mo Mini & Me (Ages 3-4 + guardian)
Mo Mini 1 (Ages 3-4)
Mo Mini 2 (Ages 5-7)
Base Camp 1 (Ages 7-11)
Youth Club 1 (Ages 12-18)
Register online by paying in full for your child’s program. Registration opens three weeks before the season start date, at noon on Mondays. (check out the upcoming season start date on your gyms Youth page!)
TEXAS: A Momentum Membership is required to participate in a seasonal Youth Program.
Online registration opens first to our current participants, for one full week, and then to the public. Registration is available on a first come first serve basis and will continue until programs have filled or until classes have begun.
We continue to accept registration for up to 6 weeks into each season, space permitted. Once online registration closes, send an email to one of the addresses below to sign up!
Yes! If space is available, we will continue to add participants, at a prorated amount, for six weeks into the season. After six weeks, we will not add any new participants into a program until the next season. Please contact the Youth Program Manager at the gym of your choosing using one of the below email addresses:
Participants will progress to the next level when they can perform all of the skills needed to move up. Please remember children learn at their own pace. It is not uncommon for participants to repeat classes for a full year or more before progressing. To fully understand the progression requirements, speak with your gym’s Youth Program Manager or program’s Head Coach.
The Momentum Competitive Team placement is by tryout and typically take place in the fall. Each region has one competitive Team that practices at all locations.
Our passion is to share the lifelong benefits of climbing with kids of all ages.
6 Lifelong benefits of climbing
- Active lifestyle – Embracing a lifetime sport – healthy habits
- Physical benefits -coordination, fitness, strength, flexibility, spatial awareness
- Mental benefits – problem solving skills, focus, determination, concentration
- Emotional – fear management, self confidence, managing success and failure, sportsmanship and learning to be a good teammate
- Skill development – climbing movement fundamentals, equipment knowledge and usage, goal setting and follow through, visualization, physical training principles
- Community – belonging to a community, building friendships, character building, communication development
Our participant to coach ratio in our recreational programs supports hands-on coaching and maximizes participant climbing time. Mo Minis have smaller ratios to provide additional support to our youngest climbers. Momentum is committed to keeping class sizes small so climbers get the expert personal attention they deserve. Momentum coaches receive quarterly training keeping them up to date on both hard and soft skills in the climbing world.
- Summer Camp – This is how many kiddos get their start in climbing and is by far the largest driver for participants in our Youth Programs.
- Day Pass– We encourage you to come in with your child and try out climbing at any of our locations.
- Experience Class – For ages 12 and up, this class is a great way to get tips and tricks about climbing and a full introduction to Momentum.
Parents can assist with the learning process by practicing with their child as much as possible and giving them motivation with encouragement. Check out the family Membership options that Momentum has available.
Momentum is an inclusive community. It is our goal that each child in our programs has a successful and healthy experience – socially, emotionally and physically. If your child has assistance needs, please contact the Youth Program Manager at the location you plan to attend to let our staff know before your participant’s first day so we can help ensure their success.
We suggest trying out climbing before committing to a full season.
If your child loses an item while at Momentum, please have the front desk staff help you check the gyms Lost and Found bins before or after practice. Momentum is not responsible for any items that go missing.
- A water bottle
- If your child has their own climbing gear, they are welcome to use it. Otherwise we provide all necessary equipment during instruction.
- A willingness to participate, learn and have fun!
- A pair of tennis shoes if your program is spending time in the fitness area
Electronics (iPods, Cell Phone, iPads, hand held games, etc) should be left at home. Climbing can provide an opportunity for kids and youth to take a break from electronic distractions, please help our coaches find success by keeping these items at home.
Rock climbing, like baseball or soccer, is an active sport and scrapes and bumps are not uncommon. It is our job to ensure that minor injuries are handled with care. Blisters are not uncommon on the hands and feet when learning to climb. If you see blisters on your child, please help communicate these hot spots to the coaches so they can help keep your climber comfortable.
Traditionally, climbing shoes are worn barefoot, but socks can help cut back on blisters when climbing shoes are worn for long periods of time. In the unlikely event of a major medical concern parents will be contacted immediately by program staff.
Skin care is important to new climbers. You are using a new part of your body to hold yourself on vertical terrain and it takes time for skin to develop climbing calluses. Everyone’s body produces moisture differently, and sweaty hands can be the difference of success and failure in climbing. For a beginner climber, developing your first set of calluses is a major milestone.
Tips and tricks:
- Chalk can help! Momentum encourages the use of a chalk ball in a chalk bag for new climbers.
- Pay attention to your hands after each climb, if the skin feels hot and/or turns red it might be an indication that it’s time to stop climbing for the day and let the calluses begin to form.
- Keep hands clean and hydrated- wash hands free of chalk immediately after climbing and use oil based moisturizers regularly.
- If you develop blisters and flappers (when a blister pops and leaves a flap of skin) use a small bit of tape over affected area while on the climbing wall to prevent further damage.
- Drop off:
- Please do not park in fire lanes directly in front of Momentum facilities to drop off your climber(s).
- Climbers will check-in for every practice at the front desk either using their scan tag or directly with the staff.
- At least one program coach will be a the front desk to assist with gear distribution (harnesses and shoes) and directions to where the program will meet for the day.
- With gear in hand, climbers will gather in the program meeting area to begin the warm up.
- Pick up:
- Please do not park in fire lanes directly in front of Momentum facilities to pick up your climber(s).
- At the end of practice, climbers return their borrowed gear to the front desk and head home.
- This is the best time to check in with your coaches if you have any comments, questions or concerns.
Please carefully consider your schedule when signing up for a Momentum seasonal program. Our twelve week curriculum is well organized and each class builds on the previous class. Your climber will learn and enjoy the experience more if they attend each week.
Due to the volume of participants and programs, we do not offer refunds or make up days for any missed classes. We do however provide the opportunity for you to come into the gym with your climber on your own time if they miss a class. Each climber is set up as a member when they register for a seasonal program with 12 punches. If you miss a class, your climber can utilize the facility to climb on your own time at any of our locations.
We understand that injuries and medical emergencies are unpredictable and in the event that your child must miss a practice(s) due to an injury or emergency we will evaluate how to proceed on a case by case basis. If your child has an injury or medical emergency and is unable to participate please contact your facilities Youth Program Manager.
In order to minimize risk, encourage young climber responsibility, and help everyone focus together on the fun and personal reward of climbing, it is important for every participant and parent to read, understand and agree to the code of conduct presented in the parent informational meeting.
We make decisions regarding our program staff one month in advance to help give you access to the program of your choice. We hire coaches based on the number of registration spots available. Therefore, we must adhere to the following refund policy and schedules to ensure that our programs remain viable.
- Classes will not be offered if there are fewer than 4 participants enrolled. A full refund is automatically granted if a program is canceled due to lack of enrollment by Momentum. Momentum reserves the right to cancel or combine any programs for which the enrollment is deemed insufficient or for other administrative reasons.
If during the registration period, a conflict arises after registering, we can refund based on the how long before the program start you need to cancel. The closer it is to the program start date, the more unlikely we can fill a spot that becomes available.
- We do not off refunds after the start of the season.
- If you cancel 15-21 days before the season start date – $25 cancellation fee.
- If you cancel 8-14 days before the season start date – $50 cancellation fee.
- If you cancel 1-7 days before the season start date – $75 cancellation fee.
Transferring programs can be done before each season begins, should space permit – $25 transfer fee.
Momentum Youth Programs are very popular and in order to make space for climbers waiting to participate, we do not offer the option to freeze year-round programs. If your child will be taking a break from one of our year-round programs, a cancellation is required. Cancellations must be received before the 10th of the month in order to take effect at the next billing cycle, which is the 15th of each month. Click Here to Submit an Online Cancellation.
Your Momentum Family Membership can be frozen. Freezes must be received before the 10th of the month in order to take effect at the next billing cycle, which is the 15th of each month. Click here to submit an Online Freeze form.