PICK A CLASS TYPE
Bouldering is the simplest form of rock climbing! It’s just you, your friends and the wall. In this 90 minute course you will learn all you need to know to get started with this awesome sport! Offered regularly at our SODO location!
V3 is often considered the first major milestone in the progression to intermediate bouldering and things can get complicated! Advancing through this grade requires proper route reading and strong movement skills. In this two hour class you will learn the strategy and techniques that will help you through this benchmark goal!
CLIMB HARDER AND IMPROVE FASTER!
Working one-on-one with a coach is the best way to advance your climbing! Personal Instruction can be used to refine bouldering skills, sharpen redpoint tactics, prepare for a competition or upcoming outdoor adventure, or to increase your power and endurance. No matter what you are looking for; we can help!
Email email@example.com to get started!
Find your center of gravity, you’ll need it for that slab problem. Momentum SODO offers a variety of Yoga classes throughout the year including, Vinyasa Flow, Hatha Flow, and Yoga Basics. See the Yoga calendar below for current class times.
Momentum SODO Yoga classes are subject to change based on season, and may not be offered at times. Regular yoga classes are free to Momentum Members.
Working one-on-one with a coach is the best way advance your climbing! Your session will start with a skills evaluation where your coach will identify what areas of your technique may need improvement. From there, you and your coach will work together to bring these areas up to par so you can accomplish your goals.
Personal Instruction can be used to refine bouldering skills, sharpen redpoint tactics, prepare for a competition or upcoming outdoor adventure, or just to increase your power and endurance. No matter what you are looking for; we can help! Working with our talented coaches will help you reach your goals more quickly and save you time and energy!
Personal instruction can be booked in blocks of 1 hour, 3 hours or 6 hours.
To schedule your first session email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stop by the front desk at Momentum SODO to learn more.
What is boulder league?
Momentum’s Adult Bouldering League (ABL) is designed to allow all ability levels to compete with one another through a relative scoring system. Sign up with your friends even if your team is composed of climbers of different ability levels. Registration here or by working with Momentum SODO staff. Once registration is complete, teammates will be able to access the challenge within the KAYA app and join their team.
You’ll need to download and register for the challenge within the Kaya Climbing App on your phone. Team members will be able to log their scores on their phones rather than using paper scorecards! More details within the confirmation emails and pre-league communications.
All climbs in the gym are open to League participants, and must be recorded in the KAYA app to count towards a team’s score. Climbs can be logged on Tuesdays from 3pm-10pm, though we encourage everyone to climb from 6pm-10pm. We want to see everyone’s smiling faces!
Don’t have a team? Contact email@example.com and we’ll do our best to get you set up with a team! Any other questions can be directed to this email as well.
How it works:
- Form a team with 4-6 total members and register below.
- Teams must be co-ed.
- Teams can be comprised of individuals of varying skill levels.
- Every Tuesday, teams will meet to climb together and send their hardest!
- League hours are Tuesdays, 3pm-10pm, though we encourage everyone to climb from 6pm-10pm.
- Individuals record their climbing attempts and sends using the KAYA climbing app.
- To see more details on scoring, check the “Scoring” tab.
- The team with the highest score at the end of the League wins!
- End of Season Party! At the end of the 6 weeks, we’ll throw a party just for Adult Bouldering League participants. Party will held November 15th, the last night of ABL!
- The first place team wins eternal glory and their team name on the ABL Winner’s Cup!
Non-Member participants/team members are still subject to normal Day Pass rates and gear rentals. Member guest passes and punch-passes can be used for non-member teammates. Ask us about becoming a member!
Scoring & Ranking:
- The KAYA app is used for scoring, and must be used by all competitors.
- The KAYA app tabulates individual and team scores in real time.
- Competitors simply “tick” sends as they climb to score points, also recording the number of attempts.
- Scoring utilizes a relative system, which is designed to allow climbers of any ability level to be competitive (read more below)
- Each competitor will set their personal “V-Max” when they register for the league within KAYA.
- A person’s “V-Max” is defined as the V-Grade they can complete in 5 or fewer attempts on a regular basis.
- Only the top 3 climbs are counted toward the individual’s total. Scoring is updated in real-time!
- Redpointing problems at one’s “V-Max” rewards a score of 100 points.
- Redpointing problems above one’s “V-Max” rewards a higher score.
- Redpointing problems below one’s “V-Max” rewards a lower score.
- *Redpoint – means to finish or “send” a boulder from start to finish without falling.
- * Flash – means to finish or “send” a boulder from start to finish on your first attempt, even if you have prior knowledge (“beta”) of the boulder.
- Team scores are determined by the average of all team members’ final scores.
- Hot Tip! Each competitor should climb each week. A team member with a score of zero will hurt their team’s score.
- -1 point for each attempt it takes you to complete a problem. Max -10 points
- We are using the honor system, cheaters get bad karma!
Momentum Climbing School aims to Build Better Climbers.
Regardless of ability level, we provide you with pathways to succeed through skill development and high quality training. Our classes and clinics are led by experienced and knowledgeable instructors who understand we all learn and develop in different ways. Our class structure is designed with progression in mind so that there’s always something for you to learn and work toward no matter your current ability.
Bouldering is climbing up to 15ft (in gym) off the ground without the use of ropes or climbing gear. Pads are provided throughout the bouldering areas and participation in a Safety Orientation is required prior to climbing. This type of climbing is available to climbers of any skill level and does not require a partner.
Top Roping is climbing up to 50ft (in gym) on a rope that is already attached to the top of the wall while being belayed by a certified partner below. This type of climbing is available to climbers of any skill level and requires a partner(s). Belay certification is required prior to climbing. Belay Classes are offered daily, visit a location’s “classes” page for more information or to sign up.
Lead Climbing refers to climbing on our full height walls in areas that do not already have a rope attached at the top. Unlike Top Roping, Lead climbers must bring the rope with them as they progress up the wall. Leading is an advanced form of climbing and not recommended until you have a strong Top Rope climbing foundation. Lead Certification is required prior to leading in our gyms. Classes are offered several times a month at our rope gyms, please review the requirements prior to signing up for this class on a location’s “classes” page.
- Please note:
- Momentum Lehi, SODO, and Silver Street are Bouldering Only gyms.
Momentum Millcreek, Sandy, and Katy offer both Rope Climbing and Bouldering.
- We do not allow anyone other than Momentum employees to provide belay instruction inside our gyms.
- Momentum Lehi, SODO, and Silver Street are Bouldering Only gyms.
- Bouldering welcomes all ages.
- Climbers under 12 must have adult supervision at all times.