Sport & Speed Local Region 402 Registration
ISO WAVES HAVE BEEN UPDATED BELOW!!
Date: Saturday, February 24th
Location: Momentum Katy
Cost: $65-At the time of signup, you can elect to compete in sport, speed, or both
- Registration for sport is capped at 25 per gender per category
- Registration for speed is capped at 10 per gender per category
Volunteers and Belayers will be needed. All Volunteers will be compensated with a day pass per hour worked! Food is also provided for volunteers.
Volunteer Sign Up:www.SignUpGenius.com/go/20F0944A4AE2FAB9-momentum
Notice: Momentum Katy will be closed to all competitors from Monday, February 19th through Friday, February 23rd to allow for routesetting and preparation for the event.
Very Tentative Schedule- Disclaimer this is subject to change based on registration!
WAVES HAVE BEEN UPDATED!! READ CAREFULLY
ISO sport check will occur in two waves and has been updated to the following
- Wave one: MYD, MYC, FYB, FYA, FJR, MYA, MJR opens at 8:00 am and closes at 9:00am;
- Climbing begins at 9:30 am
- Wave two: FD, FC, MB opens at 11:30 am and closes at 12:30 pm
- Climbing begins at 1:00 pm
- Only certified coaches will be allowed in ISO
- Re-entry is not allowed
- If you only have competitors in Wave 2, you may not enter the facility prior to entering the second wave ISO
Speed climbing has been updated to the following:
- Speed Climbing Waves now run as follows:
- Wave one runs from roughly 1:00 pm to 2:40 pm (MD, MC, FB, all As and JRs)
- Wave two runs from roughly 3:30 pm to 3:45 pm(MB)
- Wave three runs from roughly 4:30pm to 5:15 pm (FD and FC)
Finals times have been updated to the following:
- The building must be cleared from 5:15 to 6:30 for finals preparation
- Finals ISO opens at 5:45 pm and closes at 6:15 pm
- Doors for finals open at 6:30pm. Route preview at 6:45 pm
- Finals begin at 7:00pm and awards are to immediately follow
We are pleased to extend free climbing to all registered competitors at both Momentum locations(Katy and Silver Street) on Sunday, January 25th. Just inform front desk staff if you were a competitor and enjoy free access to either facility for the entire day.
If you plan to lead climb in Katy on Sunday the 25th, please note our policy regarding youth lead climbing and belaying:
- Youth climbers, ages 13 and under, cannot lead belay under any circumstance.
- Lead belayers must be at least 14 years of age or older.
- Lead climbers under the age of 14 must perfectly pass a standard lead test conducted by approved Momentum management and with the respective parent present. These qualified youth can then be belayed by either a parent or coach who is also certified for lead belay.